• Over 110 people attended Lord of Life’s Easter Worship services.
• Family Bingo night was well attended by over 30 people.
• A Boy Scout is planning to complete his Eagle project at Lord of Life this spring by mulching the grounds and cleaning and staining the play area.
• Synod assembly is June 4th and Marilynn and Aimee will attend with Pastor Adam.
• Property committee cleaned out the Southwest room to free up space to store items that are in the back of the sanctuary. Then the back of the sanctuary will be a prayground for young families.
• Pastor Todd’s books were offered to all and those that remained were given to Discovery Books who will find new homes for the remaining books. • Finance – donations in March were strong. The year-to-date deficit decreased by $1,961 in March.
• Covid taskforce - LoL will use the CDC guidelines for DuPage County to determine if masks are required in the sanctuary. We ask that everyone continue to be respectful of others regarding the use of masks. We will continue to provide options for online services, social distant seating, and communion.
• In reviewing the garbage removal contract, the Property Committee found a lower rate. So in the near future we will be using LRS for rubbish removal. The water cooler between the bathrooms near the narthex is no longer working and will be replaced by the Property Committee shortly. Thank you Property Committee for all that you do for Lord of Life!
• The charities that Lord of Life supports with God’s work our Hands was reviewed and streamlined.
o January – Feed my Starving Children (event only)
o February – Black History Month (event only)
o March – Willowbrook Wildlife Haven
o April – Mt. Carmel Easter food baskets
o May – TBD
o June –Pride Month (event only)
o August – School Supplies
o October – Socktober
o November – Fish Food Collection
o December – Mt. Carmel Christmas food baskets
Council recognitions for the month.
o Connie for cleaning up the Southwest room.
o Sue Tomaszek, Connie Allekian, and Rosita Yao for their work on the Holden Lenten services.
o Ron Matta, Bob Angora and his cousins for repairing the pews and paying for the supplies.
o All the volunteers for set up the sanctuary last Saturday for Easter Sunday.